Two Happy Campers is us, Mark & Michele
this is our story
I’m Michele, the writer around here and Mark is my husband, the smartest and most resourceful man I know. In 2002 we met in art school and thanks to an armed burglar we became roommates. Two years later we became business partners and in 2008, husband and wife.
In September of this year (2017), we sold our house and began our life as nomads. Our dream of calling our Four Wheel Camper home and the wilderness our backyard, finally became reality. The Casita, a last-minute albeit awesome decision, has rounded out our ideal rig for full-time RV living.
IN Photography is our business that we’ve built from the ground up. When it comes to our careers, we’ve always had one common goal: to put our quality of life before the dollar signs in our bank account. However, finding a healthy balance between the two is no easy feat because there is a fine line between 1) living your life to the fullest everyday because it could be over tomorrow and 2) preparing for your future shall you live to be 100. We walk that line everyday.
What we do know is that there are far too many places to be seen and experiences to be had to sit back and watch life pass us by. This website chronicles our adventures and we hope it inspires you to get outside and live your life to the fullest also.
A few completely random facts about us:
- I’m from California & Arizona and Mark is from Iowa. Our families are quite different but have taught us equally about living life to the fullest.
- We called the Colorado Rockies home for the last 12 years and in the summer there is no place we’d rather be.
- We don’t have kids but look forward to bestowing our wisdom upon our 10 nieces and nephews once they are old enough to hear all our crazy ideas about life.
- We love dogs of all kinds but have a soft spot in our hearts for pit bulls. Cozmo and Kaia are our two rescues. They remind us everyday to enjoy the simple things in life.
- When I was a teenager, my mom told me “You better marry a doctor or a firefighter because you need a lot of space”. Instead I married my business partner and we are together 24/7. I’m happy to say, it works for us and we have a blast together.
- In 2012 Mark got his private pilot’s license and in 2016 we bought a Kitfox experimental airplane. We’re still trying to figure out how to make the airplane part of our new nomadic lifestyle.
- Our Four Wheel Camper is the best money we’ve ever spent. We have yet to come up with a better way to travel.
A few words that we live by. A constant reminder that we work to live, we don’t live to work:
The Dalai Lama, when asked what surprised him most about humanity, answered “Man. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”