Two Happy Campers is us, Mark & Michele
this is our story
I’m Michele, the writer around here and Mark is my husband, the smartest and most resourceful man I know. In 2002 we met in art school and thanks to an armed burglar we became roommates. Two years later we became business partners and in 2008, husband and wife.
We live in the rural Colorado Rockies and although we have a burning desire to be modern day nomads we can’t imagine calling anywhere else home.
IN Photography is our business that we’ve built from the ground up. When it comes to our careers, we’ve always had one common goal: to put our quality of life before the dollar signs in our bank account. However, finding a healthy balance between the two is no easy feat because there is a fine line between 1) living your life to the fullest everyday because it could be over tomorrow and 2) preparing for your future shall you live to be 100. We walk that line everyday.
What we do know is that there are far too many places to be seen and experiences to be had to sit back and watch life pass us by. This website chronicles our adventures and we hope it inspires you to get outside and live your life to the fullest also.
A few completely random facts about us:
- I’m from Californa & Arizona and Mark is from Iowa. Our families are quite different but have taught us equally about living life to the fullest.
- We don’t have kids but look forward to bestowing our wisdom upon our 9 nieces and nephews once they are old enough to hear all our crazy ideas about life.
- We love dogs of all kinds but have a soft spot in our hearts for pit bulls. Cozmo and Kaia are our two rescues. They remind us everyday to enjoy the simple things in life.
- When I was a teenager, my mom told me “You better marry a doctor or a firefighter because you need a lot of space”. Instead I married my business partner and we are together 24/7. I’m happy to say, it works for us and we have a blast together.
- In 2012 Mark got his private pilot’s license. There is no better feeling in the world than watching your best friend make his lifelong dream come true.
- In 2011 I ran my first marathon. I don’t know if that was nearly as thrilling for Mark as me watching him get his pilot’s license. Watching a girl run isn’t quite like getting to go for airplane rides.
- We prefer experiences over material things. Our dining table is a $40 Ikea purchase from when I first moved out of my parent’s house. We couldn’t care less, it does the job.
A few words that reside above my desk. A constant reminder that we work to live, we don’t live to work:
The Dalai Lama, when asked what surprised him most about humanity, answered “Man. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”